Well folks, this isn't gonna be a funny post so if your looking for funny go lookin somewhere else.
I wish I could be funnier lately but life seems to be throwing piles of shit at me and the people that I care about...what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger right?
So after my exhausting and not much fun trip to Florida for work last week I decided to go out with a good friend on Friday night for some much needed girl talk and margaritas. It turned out to be one of the worst evenings of my life. After dinner and drinks we headed down the street a bit to a small local club and danced our asses off for a little while.
Later on in the evening I was headed back to my car which was less than 200 feet from the bar entrance I notice a man walking toward me..something in my head told me I was fucked at that point but as soon as that thought entered my head he pulled out a gun and pointed it at me and told me to drop all my shit or he would kill me.
Needless to say, I dropped all my shit...begged him not to shoot me because I had a 4 year old daughter..as if he gave a fuck. He took everything...probably like most ladies out there..my life was being carried around in my handbag...let me just run down the list for you real quick..
-my debit card
-my new recently opened savings account number
-a brand new book of checks with my new address on them
-keys to my car, keys to my apartment along with the keychain from my apartment complex which says where I live, my mailbox key..etc..you get the point
-my amex
-my cell phone
-every picture of my daughter that has ever been made...
and pretty much everything else you can think of...was in that handbag.
Oh and did I forget to mention how nothing has ever happened to me like this before in my life? Did I mention that now I am afraid to be alone in my apartment or walk down the street?
I didn't argue with him much...As he got about 5 feet away from my head with that gun I decided that maybe that $500 Coach handbag and it contents weren't so important after all.
I got robbed, at gun point..in a very popular area of town..where the streets are crowded and it was only 11:30 at night. Just happened that no one was walking down that sidewalk Friday night except for me and him.
So, there you have it..he took my shit...I spent all weekend cancelling things and reopening things and being scared that he would come break into my apartment because he knows where I live and has the keys to my home and my car. Calling locksmiths and credit card companies and telephone companies and all that bullshit you go through when something like this happens.
I know I am lucky to be alive..I am very grateful that I am..don't get me wrong..I know it could have been much worse. But it still fucking sucks because now I live with that fear that I never had before...
I feel violated and much less safe in this big world.
And..Spencer..my step son..totalled his car yesterday. He is ok.
And...Monty found out he is losing his job in 60 days and has to fire the 6 employees that work for him.
And...right now I feel like running really far away or sleeping for a week.
Life goes on....but things have changed for me....it is becoming difficult for me to have a positive outlook on things because shitty things keep happening..some of them I caused...some of them not.
I have been seriously considering seeing a therapist for a long time now to deal with a lifelong list of issues...we all have issues right? I think that Friday night put me as close to the edge as I have ever been and I just can't continue to deal with all this shit by myself.
So call me a pussy if you want but it is time for my ass to call and get help to work through this mess and figure out what I want out of my life..or at least get a clearer picture.
I guess what I am trying to say is that I'm scared...and I'm sad...and I am up and down and happy and sad and mad and bitter and all those things I never wanted to be.
Just keep my crazy ass in your thoughts ok?
Loves and Hugs..
Pissy
Monday, April 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
17 comments:
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!
I am in tears for you girl! *SUPER BIG HUG* fuck. fuck. fuckity. fuck!
I wish I could fly out there and be with you. You're more than welcome to come out here.
There is SO much to be grateful for. Your daughter wasn't there to witness it.
You're alive.
I know you've already thought of all of this.
Tabitha took a class after she was assaulted *beat over the head with 4 guns!* and it helped out.
GET HELP GIRL it doesn't make you a pussy! Damn it. UGHHH...I want to be there, right there with you.
You know my number, call me.
Sooooooo sorry, honey girl. That must have been very terrifying. We love you and hope that you find a sense of safety SOON! There's no shame in finding a therapist to talk to. Sometimes a fresh point of you helps put things in focus. Much, much love from Philly!
xo
awww pissy girl.
i'm so sorry that happened to you. that's a lot to happen in a week...sheesh. overwhelming to say the least.
know that i am thinking about you and i love ya.
i hope there's a light at the end of your tunnel very soon.
-hugs.
That's a whole lotta crap to go thru!
You are not weak for wanting to get help dealing with everything. You are wise enough to realize you need help, and strong enough to go get it!
Good for you!
Having been robbed at gun point as well, I can speak with a little authority on the awful subject... The fear you're feeling now... it does get better. It's gets easier to go on with life in spite of it. You will conquer it. You WILL. Good luck pissy girl!
Kristine-thank you baby girl. I am so scared. And I am going to get help..and once I get my fucking cell phone back..I will call you!
Charlotte-thank you babes!
Kimmyk-I heart you. Thank you.
AC- I hope your right, I just wish he didn't know where I live. Freaks me the fuck out.
Damn. I can't add to what anyone has said but I'll be thinking of you.
Oh shit Pissy. I am so sorry that happened to you. I don't blame you for being scared.
I think seeing a therapist would probably help you deal with all of this crap.
I am so, so sorry & I hope you are doing OK.
Love you!
S
You're welcome to come here for a visit--bring lil Pissy. Relax.
Go to therapy. Therapy is good. Call me if you need to talk and try to stay positive.
Sometimes it's very dark before the sun shines again, but it always does.
Dude, you are a lot of things.
Dorky.
Spazzy.
Spacey.
HYPER.
And of course, pissy.
But a pussy? No, sorry, that label does not work.
You get all the help you need, hon. And we are all here for you. If you were NOT different after such a heinous experience, then you'd be dead inside and well, that's no good.
Your friends are always here, ya know? I'm 1 hour away courtesy of Southwest, you scrag.
:)
Bad Mojo Pissy.
More likely than not, the punk took anything in your bag he figured he could pawn off and just chucked the rest in a dumpster within a couple blocks. It's a sidewalk version of hit and run. You probably weren't the only one he robbed that night.
You did the right thing though. Just hand shit over and say nothing.
What goes around comes around though. That punk ass bitch was likely a crackhead looking for quick money for a fix, and eventually he'll get his. Fucking junkies, all it takes is one air bubble in a blood vein and your done like dinner.
OH Pissy I am so so very sorry that happened to you. I can't say I understand the feelings you are experiencing but I know it sucks and I hate you lost all of your stuff (although not your life which IS most important but it still sucks you lost pictures and your sense of security). Big hugs to you sweetheart.
I am very proud of you for taking the step to talk to someone. Not a pussy at all. Not even a kitten *wink* but a very very smart girl. All of you are in my thoughts.
Damn. Yeah, that's the kind of thing you dont think will happen to you but shit, it did and I'm glad you weren't hurt. The fear is fresh right now and only natural. I would be scared too. Go see someone and get through this. Hang in there.
Oh wow Pissy. I am so sorry you had to experience that and continue to experience it. I can't imagine what you're going through, but I'm sending you good thoughts and prayers and lots of love.
It makes me mad. You know that?
GRRRRRRRRR.
Did you do something really awful in a previous life?
please tell me that the last comment was a joke.
forty_two? Are you trying to be funny or are you really just an asshole? I hope it's the first!
I missed this. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry you were a little out of pissy mode and duh...a gun? and you couldn't have just beat his fucken ass and called it a day.
pfft. i highly doubt he is going to take further steps but girl just protect yourself and your family.
You deserve to be happy. I pray for peace for you soon!
:)
i'm thinking of you.
Post a Comment